Friday, September 13, 2013

The non-nuclear genome: including a mitochondrial genome in GRCh38

The GRC maintains and improves the reference nuclear assembly only. The MITOMAP (http://www.mitomap.org/MITOMAP) group has served a similar function curating genetic variation of  the mitochondrial genome. When the GRC released GRCh37 we only released the nuclear genome, as we didn't think we could distribute the sequence representing the mitochondrial (MT) reference (which we did not produce) as part of the GRCh37 reference. Not distributing an MT sequence with reference nuclear assembly led to some confusion in the research community as different groups adopted different versions of the MT sequence records to use as their reference.
The current MT reference sequence is the Revised Cambridge Reference Sequence (rCRS) represented by GenBank accession number J01415.2 and RefSeq accession number NC_012920.1. The MITOMAP group has graciously allowed the GRC to distribute their annotated version of the rCRS MT reference sequence with the nuclear assembly and this sequence was added to GRCh37 with the second patch release. This same MT reference sequence will be included in the GRCh38 assembly release. 

4 comments:

  1. Website: (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/  I was born and raised in a small town on Long Island in New York. I live there today with my wife and three wonderful children. I want to testify of how I was cured from prostate cancer by Dr Emu. I was on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer. At first I was having lots of signs and symptoms like excessive urine at midnight and also I was experiencing dribbling of urine all the time I was going through hell I search for a cure☑ on the internet I came to know about Dr Emu I saw lots of testimonies of how he cures diseases like *Prostate Cancer *Herpes  Virus *Genital herpes *Hiv/Aids*Breast Cancer and more am happy am cured thanks to Dr Emu I recommend Dr Emu roots and herbs as best natural herbal medicine with no side effects. For consultation and more contact him via Email: (emutemple@gmail.com) (emutemple@yahoo.com) WhatsApp or call +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having herpes is not the end of life there many treatment to cure herpes infection with the help of Dr Iyoha herbal product. I was positive to the deadly virus called HERPES and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends. i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for HERPES and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact the same herbalist Call Dr Iyoha because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 3 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 working days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i am so happy! thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help, you can email him on dr.iyohasolutiontemple@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him now +1(857) 228-8347 or call +1 407 337 9869

    ReplyDelete